This blog is going to be all over the place, have a lot of things on my mind.
Today's Weight: 209.0 lbs
Well, I'll start with that there above. It's really funny to me how my how weight loss is like a roller coaster. It is just like how it was in the beginning. I'll slowly gain weight all throughout the week, and then drop weight over the weekend. I don't know if it is because I retain more water throughout the week or what, but I have been able to accept it and it really doesn't bother me much anymore. My 5 day average is right around 208.3 or something like that.
So, now on to some good news. I am starting to get comfortable with myself. But not comfortable enough that I want to slow down. In fact, I'm going to try to start running consistently. On the suggestion of my roommates girlfriend I went down to a speciality running store where they looked at my feet measured, watched my gait, made me try on had to be at least 10 pairs of shoes, go outside and run for them...it was quite an ordeal. Normally, I just find a color I like and presto! I have new shoes. It was also really nice to hear from the guy at the shop say "did you run in high school?", me "nope, just played hockey", him "well, you have pretty good form for never really running". That was a shot to my ego, because I've always thought of myself as athletic and that I could do pretty much any sport...Anyways, these shoes should help me with my shin splints which I why I usually get discouraged when running. Also, they showed me some really good pre and post run stretches to limit the shin splints. I have to say, I'm pretty excited about getting going. I had my first run in the new shoes today and went for 1.5 miles. I might go again after work, but I haven't decided yet. Like I have said in previous blogs, I'm pretty much an all or nothing type of personality...I'm going to try to get entrenched in this and get some good miles out of my new shoes! Also, I'm getting really good workouts in. I feel so much stronger than I did just 4 months ago! If you would have told me just 4 months into this I'd feel like I do today, I probably would have done this a lot earlier in life!
Also, I honestly couldn't be happier with my eating in May. I have eaten probably 99% clean, without any alcohol. I'm going to list the slip ups for you, and this is for the entire month.
1. Summer Sausage, Cheese, and Crackers (probably about 12 pieces of each)
2. Sour Patch Kids
3. 6 Nacho Cheese Dorito Chips (I stopped after only 6)
4. 1 cookie
I think all in all, that's pretty good. If you break it down, it about one cheat meal a week, if that!
Also, if you have noticed...my blog title is to get healthy not to lose weight. So, with that in mind, I think as of today it has been 5 months for me without any chewing tobacco, and in 8 days, I will be at 6 months without a cigarette. I'm really pretty proud about this. I haven't really had to many urges with the smoking, but I have fought off many of the chewing ones.
Okay, now for my ranting...I don't know if anyone has had similar experiences, but this is one of the things that I find really annoying. "You're getting really skinny, you aren't becoming anorexic are you?" I can't tell you how angry this makes me. Especially, when I know I eat more than the people saying this shit do. I eat all the time, when you are scheduling meals and having to stop doing something just to eat, how can this be remotely close to being anorexic! I know why this happens, and it usually comes from larger people and I think it has to do with their own insecurities. I know when I was super fat and people I knew got skinny around me I felt some jealousy. However, I don't think I ever threw it in their face and accused them of having an eating disorder. What's wrong with guesstimating how many calories you consume in a day? I can see how it can appear that I'm being obsessive, but how is trying to live longer a bad thing? I just get really pissed when a-holes say stupid shit because they don't put in the hard work themselves and have to try to make what others do look like it's a bad thing.
Okay, I think that is all the ranting I want to do today, it just made me mad all over again. One last thing, I have discovered that I carry all my fat in my boobs, belly, and back. I'm starting to look weird because I'm having trouble getting rid of some of the fat in these area's and other parts like my arms, legs, and waist are getting smaller and a lot more toned. Oh well, all in good time, I just have to keep reminding myself that I have only be at this for a little while and I have the rest of my life to keep getting better.
Okay, I lied on more thing...today I was able to fit very comfortably into size 34 waist pants....crazy business considering that is what I wore in high school! I am going to try to put pictures up and if I do go easy, I'm really self conscious still about the way I look...but I figure I should start showing everyone else what I've done.
Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! Stay smart though!!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
You're definitely much more focused than I am on this, which is probably why you're losing weight at an incredible rate. Having that few slip-ups in that amount of time is insanely good.
Really those weren't cheat meals at all. 6 Dorito Chips? What is that like 45 calories? You are doing awesome man, not just in losing weight, but in living a much healthier and better life.
If someone makes the anorexic comment to you and you don't care much for them, then do this. After the comment, look completely shocked and say, "Oh Crap! I forgot all about the discarding of my lunch!" Then proceed to gag yourself and puke all over them. You won't have to worry about them making the comment again...actually you may not ever run into them again. :)
Ha, that would be funny...but then I'd have to throw up and I haven't done that in I don't know how long...
Yeah, I don't really count the doritos, that was me just being an idiot and realzing it fast.
I hadn't had any doritos in a long time and my daughter was eating some the other day and I ate a chip. Wow! I almost sat her in timeout just so I could finish off her bag.
I would have to say your eating is awesome if thats all you have slipped up. My wife and I have been doing the one cheat meal a week thing and its working well for us. People don't like change so when they see you getting fit they start to say stupid a$$ things like that. Your obviously not anorexic as tall as you are at your current weight. If you weighed 160 then I might start to wonder ;). I had lost a fair amount of weight (50+pounds) in 2004. I got allot of the same comments. When they said that I would pull up my shirt and say does that look anorexic? Anyway I lost the weight doing low carb and running so I was kind of skinny fat. Just don't pay attention to those haters. Keep up the great work man. looking forward to seeing some pics.
Hell yeah, Jason. Way to rock it.
Now put some of those damn photos up!
Post a Comment