Today's Weight: 207.0 lbs NEW LOW!
5 Day Average: 210.1 lbs
As most of you who read my blog know, I gave up alcohol for the month of May. This weekend was a very trying weekend for me for a number of reasons.
1.) I hit my 2nd goal early
2.) I went out to eat with my parents (free booze)
3.) I went to a kegger that was free
4.) My brother bought two kegs for a house party Saturday and Sunday
5.) I went golfing
6.) I went bowling
These are all reason why this weekend was a little tough for me not to drink. However, I am proud to say that I didn't have one sip of alcohol. I was also rewarded with a weight that I can not remember seeing. I'm pretty sure I'm in high school weight now, with more muscle that I had in high school.
I think that my weight is reflecting my diet. I have been almost 100% clean for the entire month of May. I think the worse thing I've had is maybe like honestly 4-6 nacho cheese Doritos chips and then I caught myself and stopped. The thing I'm worried about is when I start to have some drinks again if my weight will go up or just stop losing. I think I've learned that I can have a good time without drinking and I definitelylearned that I like waking up feeling good, not all hung over. So, I will definitely keep my drinking to a limited basis in June.
So, with my hitting my goal early I'm not just going to take it easy for the rest of the month. I'm going to set a new goal of 205 lbs 5-day average. This should make me want to push a little harder and get my closer to my overall goal. I also found out that I'm going to be in my buddies wedding at the end of June, so I want to be in One-derland by then. I'll set my goal for that by June 1st.
All in all, everything is going well, it's weird I am at the point where I really look forward to exercising. Last night, I had a little trouble sleeping because I really just wanted to get a workout in. Anyways, I was able to do squats today (although not as much weight, since I took a week off I started lower than where I was to regain good form) and this week I'm making myself do HIIT and get more cardio in. I have a softball game today and I'm really looking forward to it.
**** New goals and measurements are posted on side-wall****
Sorry for the long blog, Eat Clean, Work Hard!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Congrats on the new low...that is awesome. I'm curious about whats going to happen when if you start drinking again as well. Alcohol inhibits the body's ability to burn fat. My thinking is that once I get to my end goal and I'm living in maintenance mode, the alcohol won't have the effect that it has on me now when I'm trying to lose fat. And I'll really just need to plan things out ahead of time and count the calories that I'm consuming from a few beers into my daily totals. Does that make sense? I guess what I'm trying to say is that depending on where you are at in your body comp quest, alcohol will have more or less of an effect on your body, goals, etc.
Strong work. I don't know if I would have been able to turn down so many opportunities for drinks and debauchery. It does feel really good when you do resist the urge. Nothing better than waking up clear headed and then banging out a hard workout. I've been limiting my alcohol consumption myself due to the fact that my workouts suffer if I have more than 2-3 drinks the night before.
Nice new low man! I dont know how you made it through that series of beer drinking festivities dry, pretty freaking amazing if you ask me. Keep up the hard work and you will nail your goals.
Hahaha, this wasn't long at all!
Way to keep it up by pushing past your goal and not resting on your laurels.
I want to see some of those damn hundred-odd weigh ins!!
And gooooood call on avoiding the hooch. Wonderful as it may be, alchohol just poisons the body.
Of course, I say that, and I'll still have a beer this weekend, but be smart and factor in the calories with your daily intake.
Let's see 199!
Post a Comment