So, this past weekend was just awful for the weight loss...I'm going to tell you guys what I normally do, and what I did and it is bad...
Friday's: Wake up at 7-7:30ish and make some breakfast (eggs, cereal, oatmeal...something along those lines), then I head out to the gym and lift for about 1 hour 15 min. maybe a little longer if I do extra stuff or just slower than normal. Then I run on the treadmill for 30 minutes. After that I do my post run stretching in the sauna and just relax for about 20 minutes. I get dressed and head to work. Work from 11-6 usually have fruit and some nuts for one meal and then either a sandwich I made at home or a subway ham 6 in., then I come home. Once at home I usually just relax for about 30-45 minutes and then make a chicken breast with some veggies for dinner.
Bad Version:
Woke up at 10:20am, hopped into the shower and got a late start to my day. Made it to work about 5 minutes late. Had lean pockets and fruit for my meals. I think I had a chicken breast for dinner but I'm not sure. I then drank a lot and didn't get any work out in.
Saturday: Wake up at 7:30, shower and go to work until noon. Then I usually go home make a nice lunch and then either go and workout, or play golf or racquetball you know, something active like. Then I usually eat at my house, it may be chili or chicken but something healthy.
Bad Version: Woke up on time just because I had to be at work. However got home from work and then immediately started drinking and watching the tigers game. My buddy and I put back some beers and then I really didn't eat to much on Saturday. I ended up being on a liquid diet as I went out to the bar to see one of my friends play in their band. I ended up drinking a little bit there, but then I picked up a buddy from another bar and we just got shit faced and I didn't get to bed until like 3:30 or later.
Sunday: This is normally the day I don't set an alarm. So I don't have a normal waking time. However, I'll normally get up and then grab some breakfast and then just maybe play a little video games or watch some tv and wait for everyone else to wake up. Then I'll have lunch and we'll either go golfing or I'll clean up around the house. Sunday is my relaxing day so I don't usually do to much I might go out and play catch or something like that or for a walk but I don't go to the gym ever.
Bad Version: Woke up at 2:40pm! Yes, that is awful...anyways to make it worse I was starving when I woke up and I didn't eat anything. I instead started doing my laundry and getting the house cleaned up as my roommates where getting back into town. Did all that and then I realized once again how hungry I was. So I went out and got a large stuff crust pizza, some Cheetos, and a box of juji fruit candy and then rented two movies.
I know I fucked up and I haven't been to the gym since last Wednesday...I don't really know what's going on with me. It's not that I'm content with what I've accomplished because I definitely am not. I think I'm just in the depressed rut and I can't seem to shake it. I did alright for the first couple of days, but the closer it gets to the surgery date I just seem to be less and less like myself. I got to change this and try to be more positive and maybe work out all my emotions. Which is another thing, I'm not a very emotional guy and it seems like right now I'm very emotional and I don't know what is going on...
Well, I think I've done well in identifying everything that went wrong, now I just need to change it....best of luck to everyone!
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
doh!! sounds like you had a ruff weekend. Fun but ruff on the waistline. Get it back under control man. Think of all the hard work you have done. Trust me you don't want to redo it. Refocus in on why you started this in the first place. Glad you had the nuts to put it all out there for us. Realizing your mistakes is half the battle.
With your mom try to stay positive man. With both my folks I really tried to assume the best until I was told otherwise. It really helped me get through it. It will help your mom having a positive upbeat person too. Staying healthy and exercising will also kill time and help clear out some emotions. Take care man, my thoughts are definitely with you.
The thing is...I really didn't have that much fun. I just need to stop acting like a retard and get my head on straight...
Thanks for the kind words Rip
With regards to your comment on my blog about Crossfit: The Crossfit website is a great resource, but it definitely can be overwhelming. I usually follow the workout of the day (WOD) on the main crossfit.com website (which is updated every day). There are scaled versions available daily from http://www.crossfitbrandx.com/index.php/forums/viewforum/16/ (that's the Brand-x martial arts forums).
They offer 4 levels of scaling, in order from hardest to easiest: The Porch, Pack, Puppies, and Buttercups. Big Dawgs is as prescribed (i.e. the workout as it is laid out on the CF main site). They either scale the weight, reps, or both.
If you see an exercise you're unsure of, check out http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html for videos.
If you don't have the equipment to do an exercise, check out http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/faq.html#Substitutions0 for a list of available substitutions, or ask on the CF message board.
If you want to try out some CF workouts definitely start light and easy. It takes a month or two to ease into it before ramping up intensity, so you don't injure yourself (believe me, I've done plenty of that) and so your body can adapt.
Post a Comment