Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Who Said I Was In Maintenance Mode?

Today's Weight: ???

It appears as though after I finished the Ocean's 11 Challenge I slipped into maintenance mode. Over the weekend I had god only knows how many beers, enchiladas, french toast, bacon...you know, all the delicious yet horrible food. I didn't see to much of an increase on the scales when I got back, however I think my average is now probably not at 11 lbs lost. I haven't really weighed myself on a regular basis either.

I have been doing really good on the workout front. I got another kick ass work out in last night then played some softball. I hit another inside the park homerun (it was even easier to run the bases this time, and it actually was a grand slam). However, I F'ed my back pretty bad sometime on Friday. I don't really know what's going on, but it feels as though my muscle is caught on a bone or something on the outside of my shoulder blade. I was able to workout yesterday because it was all lower body but yesterday while running in softball it kept bothering me. So, I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow (so excited), so we'll see how I feel after that. I know I have a huge ass knot on my back and hopefully she'll be able to knock that out!

After I figure out my back issue, I have to get back into it. I haven't been sleeping as much, I haven't been eating as well, just stupid small stuff that is easily fixed. I haven't forgotten about Will's uprising in July, so I'm going to say that by the end of July I want to be down to 190. That should get my ass into gear as I only have half a month. I didn't get a weigh in, but I'd estimate it at being about 196-198 somewhere in there...

3 comments:

Ripx180 said...

Like you were saying on my blog maybe your key to success is short few day hiatuses. Trick your body into thinking its getting more food then take it away etc. Never letting it get comfortable or in starvation mode. Probably the same with workouts. The whole muscle confusion/diet confusion theory in effect. Sorry to hear about the back thing. Hopefully the message will take care of it. 190 is a great goal for end of the month. I am shooting for sub 200 by my 34 b-day in mid September.

Ripx180 said...

believe me I would love to see sub 200 before September but my weight loss has really tapered off even though I feel I am working really hard and eating clean. I still think maybe I need to eat more... so hard to bring myself to do that though. Especially when the scale isn't budging. Maybe we need another contest :) as I like having a challenge myself. Time for this old dog to work harder and eat cleaner...

lj said...

it's really hard not to take it easy once you've had a big victory. but you've worked too hard to stop now. so keep going! You'll make 190 by the end of July!

Hope your back feels better soon!