Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Injured but feeling good

First of all, sorry I haven't posted in a coupled of days. I don't own a computer, so it's sometimes hard for me to get to one. So let me catch you up on what happened over the weekend.

Saturday afternoon I went up to GR to hang out with a friend. Before I left, I went to the gym and got a good ab and cardio workout in. My friend and I ended up not really going anywhere, we just played some Tiger Woods 08 on the 360. Then we went out to dinner, and met up with another friend, they both wanted to go to Red Robin, which isn't the healthiest place in the world. I ended up finding grilled salmon and the menu (was awful, I make salmon a lot better and I've only cooked it twice before) that came with rice and veggies, I substituted the rice for a salad, which they put a bunch of cracker type stuff on the top, I just took those off. They also serve unlimited steak fries, so my two buddies went to town on those, getting 3 orders before we even got our meal, I'm happy to say I didn't have one. So all in all Saturday was a success. No boozing at all.

Sunday was a little more rough, I didn't wake up till 11ish, and didn't eat anything until 5pm. I had some chips and salsa, which I was kinda pissed at myself for doing, and told myself that for a week, I wouldn't have anything that wasn't in my diet...in otherwords I wouldn't allow myself to cheat. That means no booze, no stupid calories, just healthy eating.

Monday, I woke up and had two Farmers Best eggs (they have omega 3 in them), a glass of V8 juice, and some green tea. Headed off to the gym at 11. Got a great upper body work out in and then did 30 min of cardio. This is where I got injured. I don't know how, but I think I pulled something behind my left knee to the top of my calf. It hurts to walk. Anyways, when I got home I took measuments on the recomendation from Jay, and here they are.
Neck: 16.5 in.
Chest: 45 in.
Gut: 44.5 in
Waist: 41 in.
My weight on Monday was 242lbs. Which was really good to see.

Tuesday, I woke up and when I got out of bed, my left leg hurt really bad, I got some breakfast and then headed to class. After class, I went to work out, and being stupid, I still did my entire lower body work out, including my calves and probably made things worse. My weigh in on Tuesday was 242.8.

That brings us to today. Similar to Sunday, I didn't get out of bed until 11, and my leg is still really hurting. Since today is one of my abs days, I'm going to the gym when I get out of work, and I'll try to do some cardio, but I don't think I'll be able to go very hard but usually the more I move on my leg the looser to feels. So I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments: