Thursday, February 14, 2008
A little about myself
My name is Jason, I'm 23 years old and I live in Michigan. I am 6'0" and I currently weigh 245.8 lbs. I have been working out and eating alright for about 2 weeks now. I was pretty stupid and didn't weigh myself before I started this, but I can estimate it at being around 260-265 lbs area. Now let me catch you up to how this all started. It originally started out as trying to gain self control. Since I was 18 I've been a pretty heavy user of tobacco. Chewing or smoking, I did a lot of it. So, to prove to myself that I have enough self control to stop that I fasted for 5 days. Probably not the smartest thing to do, however I did lose about 8lbs in those 5 days. I know it wasn't a very healthy way to start, but it got me motivated. I found that not only did I have the self control to stop using tobacco (haven't smoked since 01-01-08, and haven't chewed since 01-24-08), but that I was capable of motivating myself to lose weight. I think it was losing those first 8lbs that jump started this whole thing. I've had a gym membership for about a year now, and probably have only used it for 3-4 months. I have now been going 6 times a week for 2 straight weeks, and really haven't had a problem going, I haven't been looking for excuses to get out of it. I also am now eating a lot better, and hope to start losing more weight. I'll post my goals in a couple of days when I get them all sorted out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Got your comment, I'll post your blog address and you're in. Easy as that.
welcome to F.A.T.
I recommend taking your measurments once a week, especially if you are going to lift weights...
Thanks a lot man, I'll try to get all that up with a picture and everything soon, I'm not all that blogger savy yet though.
Sweet - another banker from Michigan. Whereabouts are you?
Welcome and good luck with your goals.
I'm in Kalamazoo, how about you?
does anyone know how to make the name shorter on this?
Wow, another Michigan person. Awesome. Welcome to the Coalition - I'm Rob, and I'm in Detroit. There's a few of us. I'll add you now.
Awesome, I could use all the support I can get. Nice to sort of meet you
I'm in Canton (and work in Detroit).
You can change your profile name to Jason to shorten it for your comments.
Okay, I'll try that, Thanks Kristen
Post a Comment